PAL Boxers Capture 7 Medals at
Jr. Olympics State Championship
The Police Athletic League of Buffalo Boxing Program sent seven competitors to the Junior Olympics State Championships last week in Rochester, NY and each contestant came home with a gold or silver medal. Head Boxing Instructor Hector Alejandro was ecstatic over the success of the fledgling boxers who range in age from 11 to 16 years old. “Our boys did very well in the tournament which was the first competition for several of our fighters,” said a proud Alejandro. “One of our boys, Marcus Floyd, Jr., boxing in an open division has qualified for the Northeast U.S. Regional Tournament in Lake Placid,” Alejandro added.
- Edwin Hernandez, 11 years old, First Place -Sub Novice 119 lb. Division;
- Joshua Arroyo, 11 years old, Second Place -Sub Novice 80 lb. Division;
- Anthony Diaz, 11 years old, Second Place -Sub Novice 101 lb. Division;
- Lamar Allen, 13 years old - First Place -Sub Novice 90 lb. Division;
- Kevin Cruz, 14 years old - First Place -Sub Novice 101 lb. Division;
- Benjamin Serrano, 16 years old - Second Place - Sub Novice 138 lb. Division; and
- Marcus Floyd, Jr. 13 years old – First Place – Open Division – 101 lb.
PAL conducts its boxing program at the West Side Community Service Center, 161 Vermont Street from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm Monday through Friday. For further info Call PAL at 851-4615 or WSCS at 884-6616.